Downtown Reno is a vibrant and exciting part of the city that offers a variety of things to see and do. Whether you're a local or a visitor, here's our guide to things to do in Downtown Reno:
1. The Reno Arch: The iconic Reno Arch is a must-see landmark that has welcomed visitors to the city since the 1920s. It's a great spot for a photo opportunity and a symbol of Reno's unique charm.
2. Riverwalk District: Take a stroll along the Truckee River and enjoy the many shops, galleries, and restaurants that make up the Riverwalk District. It's a great place to grab a bite to eat, shop or relax by the Truckee River.
3. Wingfield Park: This beautiful island sits in the middle of the Truckee River and offers a variety of events and activities throughout the year. From concerts to outdoor movies, there's always something happening at Wingfield Park. *Tip: great picnic stop!
4. National Automobile Museum: Car enthusiasts will love this museum, which features over 200 classic cars and exhibits that tell the story of the history of automobiles.
5. Art & Murals: Downtown Reno is home to many colorful murals that showcase the city's art scene. *Tip: take a Pineapple Pedicab's tour and learn all about the murals and artists.
6. Idlewild Park: A short stroll on the Truckee Riverwalk will lead you to Idlewild park where you can enjoy the Sensory Garden, the beautiful & relaxing Rose Garden and giant cotton wood trees. *Tip: this is a great place for a picnic
7. Food Truck Fridays: Every Friday from the beginning of June to end of August enjoy an array of different food options and activities at Idlewild park. This is a not to miss event. Here are suggested places to park.
8. The Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts: Catch a show or concert at this beautiful theater that has been a fixture of downtown Reno for over 50 years.
9. The Reno Aces: Baseball fans won't want to miss the Reno Aces. This minor league team plays at Greater Nevada Field and provides a fun and affordable way to enjoy America's pastime.
9. Special Events: Reno is a special events city! We love closing down Virginia St to party! From antique cars during Hot August nights to beer festivals or grape stomping competitions during ours Italian Festival. I almost guarantee there will be something going on in Reno during your visit.
10. Self Guided Historical Walking Tour: Reno has a very rich & fun history! Reno Historical has put together this informative walking tour for you to learn all about the Biggest Little City's interesting past.
11. The Basement: We highly recommend stopping by The Basement aka the Old Post Office to check out all the cool local shops! There is food, coffee, soap refill station, floral boutique and lots of other local favorites!
There's so much to see and do in Downtown Reno and we hope this guide helps you make the most of your visit. You can do a self guided tour of Reno or give Pineapple Pedicabs a call, we would love to show you around Reno and show you all the hot spots on our Downtown Reno Tour or one of our many other tours.
See you soon!